Friday 27 March 2015

I Bruise Easily

Hello All,

I'm sure we've all been left bruised at some time or another. I speak in the context of Emotional and Mental bruising and not the physical kind.

Have you noticed that sometimes you bruise yourself ? or you let yourself bruise ?



One tries to keep one's guard up , and stay safe and act proper and then... Out Comes A Strong Element of nature and makes you give in, makes you react, makes you do things you usually wouldn't.

You Stumble, You fall, You give up, You pick up. You Stumble again, You Fall again, You give up again and You pick up one more time. It's like a song that stays on "Repeat". 

You repeat this again and again and again..and you convince yourself that you're doing this because it makes you happy and you do feel happy. You feel happier than ever, even though each step of the latter is in fact, making you weaker and emotionally wrecking you. 

There are those that don't phase easily. Unfortunately or Fortunately, I'm one who does. 

Unfortunately , because it takes a lot of my time , energy, focus and emotions but again I think
Fortunately, because it makes me stronger, teaches me new lessons, give me a wider range of thinking and so I think in the end, All is Fair. 

On that Note :



My skin is like a map
Of where my heart has been
And I can't hide the marks
It's not a negative thing
So I let down my guard
Drop my defences down by my clothes
I'm learning to fall 
With no safety net to cushion the blow

I bruise easily 
So be gentle when you handle me
There's a mark you leave
Like a love heart carved on a tree
I bruise easily
Can't scratch the surface
Without moving me underneath
I bruise easily

Love,
Yours truly










No comments:

Post a Comment